Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day from Alex!

He was good for his first stretch of sleep last night, sleeping from 7pm to 12:30am.  However he was then up again at 3:30, 5:30 and 7:30 screaming bloody murder. Typical nights he sleeps until 12-1am then up at 4ish and then up around 730 for the day. He still is very resistant to naps so I do what I can to get him to sleep. Some days his first nap will be in the swing but if that doesn't work, I just end up rocking him in my arms for an hour or 2. His second nap lately has been in the baby bjorn as I take a long walk around Rice and through the neighborhood. His 3rd nap, if I am lucky to get one, is usually in my arms or in the swing. On occasion he will actually let me put him down in his crib to nap but usually that just makes him wake up and cry. He typically sleeps his first stretch at night in the swing (we turn the actual swing off after an hour or 2) and then his subsequent sleep is in the crib and he is okay with that. I cannot wait for Alex to get better at this sleeping ordeal. At his age they are supposed to have one 5-6 hour stretch at night, which he is doing, but he should be napping more during the day. He is still fussy most of the entire day which is hard but I am just hanging in there knowing that it should pass by 3-4 months (according to what books say). I've also read that fussy babies tend to sleep less overall than non-fussy babies. Sort of a chicken and the egg thing -- is he fussy because he isn't sleeping enough or is he not sleeping because he is fussy. Any sleeping tips/advance/suggestions welcome! I swaddle him and even use white noise in the background.

I saw the Duggars on the Today show today. After having 1 child, I do not know how they manage 19! Yikes!

Enjoy the pictures! Alex has spent the week in style thanks to his Valentine's day shirts from his cousins!

Alex in his football outfit ready for the Super bowl

After Andrew and Angela's shower -- worn out!

"Most Eligible Bachelor" -- Thanks Hunter and Haley! (V-day shirt 1 of 3)
  
"Heart-Breaker" (V-day shirt 2 of 3)
"Mommy's Little Cupid" -- Thanks Austin, Adam and Andrew (V-day shirt 3 of 3)

Napping on Mommy -- I don't dare move

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand on the sleeping thing! Haley was a horrible sleeper! Have you tried the Miracle Blanket swaddle yet? You can wrap him really tight with that one (tighter than the velcro ones.) That seemed to help with both my kiddos. And I would put him down in the crib/pack & play and let him fuss for a few minutes to see if he goes to sleep. Hunter has fussed himself to sleep for at least 2 month now, probably closer to 3. At first it took like 5 minutes and now it is about a minute or so. Other than that, just keep trying. He is still little and learning to sleep. It will come, but I agree it is a LONG process. He coul dbe going through the 6 week growth spurt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! We pretty much did the same routine for all 3 boys...Sleep, Eat, Play. And for naps, I always swaddled them tight, rocked them for a few minutes with the pacifier, and then tried to lay them down awake. Oh, and with the mobile on. I also cluster fed each of them and did a dream feed.

    I read somewhere that 6 weeks is the hardest age and then it all gets better after that. Hang in there. Andrew took 30min naps for 5 months and still doesn't sleep through the night!

    ReplyDelete