Alexander Stephen Hummer was born on 12/20 at 2:54pm weighing 7.0lbs and measuring 19.3in. I was induced that morning and started on Pitocin around 8:30 am. The labor went extremely quickly once I got my epidural, going from 3cm dilated to 10cm in just 45 min. Average progression for first time moms is about 1cm-1.25cm/hour so the original estimate was a 6-7pm delivery. Alex must have been too anxious to enter the world.
We were discharged from the hospital around lunchtime on Thursday. Alex's discharge weight was 6lbs 11oz which is only 3% down from his birth weight (under 10% is okay and expected).
On Christmas Eve morning, he had his first check up with the pediatrician. As I was undressing him on the table, he peed and pooped on the table and then spit up. When the doctor came in he peed all over her coat too. Hehe, atta boy. They weighed him again and he came in at 6lbs 15oz which is very close to his birth weight! This means he is doing fantastic and eating well and staying hydrated. Keep in mind they weighed him after he emptied himself!
 |
| Our new family |
 |
| Alex the burrito |
 |
| We're home and oh so sleepy |
 |
| Christmas Eve with Mommy |
 |
Cousins and future best friends. Hunter is 3mos and Alex is 4 days. Such a difference in size! I can't wait to take a pic of all 3 baby boy cousins when Andrew and the Dibbles visit in a few weeks!
|
 |
| Cousins -- Haley is almost 3 |
 |
| Cute sleepy head |
He is SOOOO cute! Can't wait to meet him and hold him. I'm not sure I've ever held a baby that small. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete